Friday, May 13, 2016

True colors shining through...

I've come to strongly dislike certain colors of the spectrum. 

Actually, the only color currently on my shitlist is RED.

Red is the color of the blood my body is lacking, which brings with it fatigue, shortness of breath, paleness, headaches, and all around weakness.

Red is the color of the liquid in the baggy attached to the IV pole when I get my iron infusions, which brings with it nausea, bloating, and a general feeling of malaise.

Red is the color of the folder I'm handed when I walk into the cancer center to receive my infusion, which brings with it a ticket to the room of recliners filled with other shallow faced patients receiving infusions of chemo, iron, or whatever other poisons are supposed to help. 

Red equals anger, pain, and depression.

I hate the color red.


No comments:

Post a Comment