Saturday, July 23, 2011

So the doctor said..

Yesterday I received the news that I have a terminal illness.

It's not an illness without hope I'm told.

There is thing that can be done. However the one thing that can be done might as well be a million in one shot.

A transplant.

However to qualify for a transplant I must be symptomatic.

I'm not.

I actually feel great. Better than great, actually. I feel better than I have in years.

However, medical results say otherwise. They say my body is sick. They say I'm dying. They say I'm looking at 3 to 5 years, maybe... unless I receive a transplant.

So I sit here pondering my life.

I'm 35 years old, and I have been told in no uncertain terms, I will not make to to Social Security age.

What do I do now?

I guess I have to live until I can't anymore.

What else can I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment