Thursday, May 22, 2014

Keep me hanging on...

It's been a while since I updated this blog. 

I can only beat a dead horse for so long before the horse no longer resembles what it once was. 

I'm sick.
It sucks.
Repeat.

I'm still breathing, still asymptotic, so I suppose that's good. It just doesn't make for good writing material. 

During my time away from notating my slow progression towards the light, I've had a chance be an observer. When I go to my doctors, or to the hospital, I watch my fellow patients. I imagine what their lives are like. By their dress, or manner of being, I try to guess what others may see when they see these folk out and about the mundy world.

Do they just see a drunk? 
Do they see a crabby old bastard?
Do they see a punk kid with no respect?

What if they saw them all here, in the waiting room at the Organ Transplant Center? 

I see people from all walks, all battling a disease that yes, can be self inflicted, or can be genetic. I see the looks in their eyes. I can see those who have given up. I can see those that still have the fight in them. I can see what may become of me, as though watching through a foggy glass.

Because of my being asymptotic, this disease is nothing but a spectre, ominous, but as solid as wisps of smoke to me. I'm disconnected.

I'm not naive, I know how this disease kills. It's drawn out. It kills your organs one at a time. It's painful. You drown from the inside out. I've seen people I love go down this road. 

recently lost a friend to this disease.

He was one of those few who finally gave up, and let the disease take him. He gave up the fight during a bout a deep depression. 

But still I feel the disconnect.

My test results show no progress towards that destination. 

And that keeps me hanging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment