Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Finally seeing the forest for the trees...

It strikes me how easy it is to go through life with blinders on. I know I spent much of my young adulthood like that. Heck, I believe I spent much of my teenage years with the same single minded, see only what is in front of me at the moment mindset.

It's so easy to get caught up in life's little dramas and inconveniences that you forget to breathe. I survived so long holding my breath that when I finally took one, I went into a metaphorical shock.

I'm breathing now.

I running without my blinders, and I'm looking around.

I'm concentrating on what I have instead of what I do not.

And I'm thankful.

I'm alive.

I'm asymptomatic.

I have friends and family who support me when I cannot stand on my own.

I'm hanging on by a thread, but that is one strong thread which I trust won't let me down.

I'm blessed.

And this year when I sit down to Thanksgiving dinner, I won't have to search far for something to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment