Monday, August 1, 2011

It's time for a bucket list...

I've always found the custom of making out one's bucket list to be a rather morbid activity. To actually sit down and write a list of things you'd want to have done before dying is a bit much for me.

Well, at least it was, before it was my turn to face my own mortality.

That should teach me to judge before walking a mile in shoes that belong to someone else.

So for the past week I have been obsessing with my own list of daring pre-death feats. It has not gone as well, nor as fast as I had hoped.

Right now I've only got one thing on my list:

Jumping out of a plane.

That's the only thing I deem as being a worthy bucket list entry that is feasible. Everything else seems meager, and quite frankly I wouldn't feel like I would be losing out if I met my maker not having done them.

Jumping out of a plane on the other hand is the closest thing I could ever get to flying like a superhero, and THAT, I would like to experience.

But one item does not a list make.

I'll need to work on it a little more, and do some soul searching and various other cliches that refer to heavy duty thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment